Comparing Concealers

I've always found it so hard to find a good concealer. I still haven't found the perfect one, but I have tried out a lot. Some were good, others not so much. All of these were tested with primer and powder. Not with foundation, because I don't really wear that.

A good concealer mainly covers up zits, scars and dark circles. Basically anything you don't want anyone to see. Like Elsa said in Frozen, 'conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.'

Now what you need to determine, is if you have a yellow or pink undertone in your skin. With my skin it was pretty obvious I have a yellow undertone, but if you're not sure, ask someone in a beauty store! They can help you find the best concealers for your skintone. I found that if you want to look awake, it's best to take a color that's 2 shades lighter than your skin tone. With foundation that's also the best thing to do.

I'm just going to review skin colored concealers, but there are also color correcting concealers. If you'd like to see a review on those, let me know!

Let's go!

--

2B Waterproof Concealer/Corrector - Light


This is a stick concealer. It's super creamy, and feels soft and nice. It has a light to medium coverage. There are not a lot of colors to choose from in their range, so beware.  The color is not a perfect match however, it's slightly too pink. It applies well, but looks patchy and creases up very quickly. It's easy to remove for a waterproof concealer! Sadly does not last very long. This is the cheapest concealer I own, and for it's price it's pretty okay.
The price is €2,5
I give it a 3/5

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream - Light


This is a liquid concealer. It comes out when you spin the bit at the end, and it's very bendable plastic where the product comes out. The protection plastic around the tube was so hard to remove! As you can see from the dirty patches, the glue stayed on in a lot of places. The concealer itself is pretty good, it's coverage is medium and it applies evenly. The consistency is liquid, but doesn't run on your hand when you want to apply it. It's easy to blend in and feels hydrating. Didn't crease up as much. The applicator stick is not very handy, the turning thing broke when I only used up about half of the product, making it difficult to get anything out.
The price is €10,50
I give it a 3.5/5

MUA Cover & Conceal - Fair

This is a liquid concealer with an application wand. It's slightly watery, but not too much. The coverage is light, but evenly. I just wished that it had some more coverage. It applies well, and doesn't look patchy. It's great for it's price. There aren't a lot of colors to choose from, but this one matches me well luckily. It does crease up pretty quickly!
The price is €3.
I give it a 3/5

Bourjois Radiance Reveal - Light

This is once again a liquid concealer with an application wand. It was a bit more expensive, but worth it. It smells nice and feels very nourishing. It's liquid, a bit on the thicker side but not too much. The color is a good match, and it covers everything well. It's a bit more on the pink side, but not too much! It does crease up a bit, which is a shame, since that is about the only downside to the product.
The price is €12,49.
I give it a 4/5

Rimmel London Match Perfection - 010 Ivory


This concealer is one with a brush tip where the product comes out. The color is very light and matches me pretty well. It's easy to apply and very blendable. The consistency is more on the liquid side, but once again, not too much. Doesn't crease up and covers my dark circles really well! I really like this product!
The price is €8,99
I give it a 4/5

--
I hope you liked this post, if you have a concealer recommendation for me, let me know!

Franne

Comments

Popular Posts